Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do you have a Cleaning Schedule?



Yes, this is an actual picture of MY cleaning schedule!

As many of my friends already know, I'm a list person.  Few things bring me greater joy than marking a line through something on my list, deeming it forever done!  I sometimes think of things I have already done and put it on the list just so I can have the pleasure of the aforementioned line!





So, some of you may be asking why would anyone need a cleaning schedule?  Well I'm glad you asked!  I don't know about you, but I can't tell you how many times I have been sitting in my chair at the end of a long whirlwind of a day and see something on the floor only to think to myself "When is the last time I vacuumed the carpet?"  Now I always have an answer for that question!
You can of course tailor the schedule to fit your week and home, I always suggest that you leave one day (mine is Friday) that can be a grace day.  This way just in case life gets in the way you are able to make up for whatever you missed throughout the week on that day.
Of course things like laundry and dishes will be done daily (theoretically).  Doing these larger tasks weekly provides me with a sense of order in my otherwise disorderly day!  I have another friend who schedules her cleaning by room.  She cleans her kitchen on Monday, her bathrooms on Tuesday... etc.  However you  do yours I can assure you it will help you organize your week and feel a bit more in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment